Electricity Provider Serving Texas
Spark Energy was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas - the energy capital of the United States. We've grown from those beginnings to become a nationally recognized energy provider, supplying electricity, natural gas and green energy plans to 18 states nationwide.
We've pioneered our techniques and grown our expertise in the retail energy industry for more than a decade. With hundreds of thousands of customers and firm investor backing, we're a company you can count on. Spark Energy is also proud to be a publically traded company: our NASDAQ ticker is SPKE. Visit our investor relations page for more information.
Spark Energy is committed to offering quality customer service and innovative products that give our customers competitive electricity and natural gas prices. And it all began right here in Texas, where:
- We’re proud to serve electricity to the second-largest state in the nation
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center needs to be powered up
- Keeping the lights on in Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio means providing electricity to over 5 million Texans
- Students at Texas A&M, the University of Texas, and the University of Houston need adequate light to study
- Fans of the Dallas Cowboys, San Antonio Spurs and Texas Rangers want to see their teams play under the lights
Choosing An Electric Company in Texas
If you're not familiar with deregulation and how it affected the Texas energy market, things might seem confusing at first, especially if you've recently moved here from out of state. How do you choose an electric company? Where do you start in researching the best provider?
The local electric company is the utility – that’s the company who owns the infrastructure, including the poles and power lines that deliver electricity to your home. They are who you call if your power goes out or there's an emergency. But in almost every city in Texas, you must choose another company to supply that energy, called a Retail Electric Provider (REP). These REPs, like Spark Energy, allow you to choose electricity plans that offer competitive prices and plans to meet your needs.
How does that work? Spark Energy buys electricity and competes in the market for the best price -- a competition that ultimately drives prices down and allows us to deliver more value for your money. In Texas, switching to a different electricity provider is kind of like changing to a different long distance company. When you switch to Spark Energy, the utility will continue to deliver electricity to your home but Spark Energy will handle all the billing, including the utility’s delivery fees and the electricity you actually use.
It’s that simple – and you can pay less for electricity.
Getting Lower Electricity Rates
Texas began deregulation of its energy markets starting in 1999, giving residents the power to select an energy provider. In response, a number of companies sprang up to compete for business. Now, Texans have a wide variety of options in selecting an energy provider. So why choose Spark Energy?
Cheap Electricity Rates
Spark Energy offers some of the lowest electricity prices on the market. We work hard to bring you the most competitive rates.
Exceptional Customer Service
We are devoted to being there for you. Spark Energy is responsive to any questions and problems you may have. We have gone to great lengths to build a customer service team to quickly resolve any concerns you may have with your electric service.
Established in the Market
Spark Energy has been in business for more than a decade. We’ve outlasted natural disasters, economic pressures and the ups and downs of a competitive industry. Although plenty of other electricity providers have come and gone, Spark Energy is here to stay -- and adding new customers every day.
Low rates and outstanding service from a proven company. Spark Energy is here to deliver.
Fixed Rate Plans and Variable Rate Plans
We recognize that everybody’s electricity needs and personal preferences are different. In response, we provide a range of electricity plans to fit your unique situation.
- Affordable electricity – Spark Energy offers highly competitive electricity prices compared to other electricity retailers.
- Exceptional customer service – We have built an in-house customer service division second to none. Our goal is to quickly answer your questions and resolve any concerns you may have with your commercial electricity service.
- Quality, trustworthy service – With more than a decade in business, Spark Energy has survived natural disasters, economic pressures and the ups and downs of a highly competitive industry. While other energy retailers have come and gone, Spark Energy is here to stay.
- Fixed Rate Plans - If you want a secure, hassle-free low rate, we offer a variety of affordable fixed rate plans that let you pay the same rate every month throughout your contract period.
- Month-to-month rates - Do you think rates are going to get lower down the road, or are you moving soon and don't want the commitment of a long-term contract? Go with a month-to-month, or variable, rate plan that allows you to change plans every month with no penalties or early termination fees.
- Different contract lengths - We offer a range of contracts, going from just three months all the way to three years. We put these plans together to give you the most affordable plan for your needs.
- Electronic Billing - Manage your account online, where you can monitor your electric usage, change your payment options, pay online, get energy savings tips and more without all the paper and hassle.
If you're looking to save on your monthly electricity bill, whether for your home, small business or even a large company, Spark Energy has a custom plan for you. For a custom quote, contact us today!