THE SPARK YOUR LIFE SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW OPEN!
It is with great excitement we announce the start of the “Spark Your Life” Scholarship Program sign-ups! Spark Energy will award a one-time scholarship valued at $3,000 to one student pursuing education at a four-year college or university in the coming academic years.
Past Recipient Update:
Our 2022 Spark Energy Scholarship Recipient was Abigail Mosier.
Applicants must follow the eligibility details outlined below and electronically submit the requested information for consideration.
- The applicant must be accepted or attending an accredited four-year college or university.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Submission should be in one of the following formats:
- Applicant must (1) post an original video to Facebook or Instagram (45 Sec.-2 min. duration) (2) follow Spark Energy on selected platform (3) include the hashtags #SparkYourLife and #SparkEnergy and (4) be sure to tag Spark Energy in your post. “Be sure to add personality, creativity and passion”
- A 500 word essay addressing the following prompt
- Contestant’s video or essay must express the thing, idea, action or person that serves as the “spark” that inspires the applicant’s life. Specifically, the applicant should address how this inspiration has become a catalyst for their journey toward higher education and beyond.
- Submit the required video/documentation electronically by 11:59 pm CST, Thursday, August 31st, 2023.
Contestants may resubmit their entry after one full academic school year has passed.
- Application Form (below).
- Unofficial transcript for the 2022-2023 school year
- A 500-word essay that describes the thing, idea, action, or person that serves as the “spark” that inspires the applicant’s life. Specifically, the applicant should address how this inspiration has become a catalyst for their journey toward higher education and beyond. (Required if/when video submission is not being entered)
- Proof of enrollment required for 2023 high school graduates
- The successful applicant must be able to provide proof of enrollment from a college or university where the scholarship award will be paid (student ID, acceptance letter and/or correspondence).
How to Submit the application:
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be received by
11:59 pm CST, Thursday, August 31st, 2023. Late applications will not be accepted.
Spark Energy will select and announce the recipient on September 15th, 2023. The scholarship award will be based on merit and qualifications shall not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, or disability. For more terms and conditions please visit here