Electric vehicle (EV) owners and enthusiasts have a cool new way to communicate with their cars, get personalized data and analyze the operation and performance of their vehicles.
GreenCharge, a new iOS app for iPads, iPhones and iPod touches, fully connects drivers with their Nissan LEAFs and Chevrolet Volts:
- Seamlessly syncs a cars data to a drivers iOS devices
- Connects driving data with local electricity pricing to give personalized feedback about the cost of operating an electric car
- Provides environmental impact information by letting drivers know how many pounds of CO2 emissions theyve offset by driving an electric vehicle instead of a gasoline vehicle
- Allows drivers to see the cost savings of driving an electric vehicle instead of a gasoline vehicle
- Provides real-time charging, battery and range information
- Breaks down mileage and electricity price by day, week and month
- Offers a social media outlet so that drivers can share their information via email, Facebook or Twitter
And, just in case you dont have an EV but are thinking about getting one, theres even a feature that lets you test out a demonstration vehicle, simulate your driving habits and generate cost information so you can make more informed comparisons.
GreenCharge looks like a pretty cool app. And at just $9.99 or the average cost of operating an EV for a week (according to the developer behind the app, Xatori Inc.) were pretty sure EV drivers will geek out over it.
GreenCharge App for Electric Vehicle Enthusiasts Launches Today in the iOS App Store, Xatori Inc. press release, Jan. 31, 2012.