Getting Electricity in New Haven
New Haven, Connecticut, can benefit from having a nationally recognized retail electricity supplier serving its community.
Providing quality electricity since 1999,Spark Energy
works to consistently deliver reliable, low-cost electricity, community support and a better customer experience to hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers across 16 states. We are committed to being the best electricity supplier in the country. In New Haven, this means:
- Ensuring that Yale University, the city’s chief employer and economic driver, can keep itls lights on
- Keeping the traffic lights running on Whitney Avenue
- Allowing the restaurants in the Best Foodie City in America to continue providing visitors with delicious fare
- Providing the country’s oldest Saint Patrick’s Day Parade a well-lit path
- Promising that the Wilbur Cross Parkway, Connecticut’s only highway tunnel, can continue to stay lit
New Haven Electricity Provider
For many years, New Haven residents and companies had to use a single company for their electricity service. Today, Connecticut residents and companies have greater freedom to choose a different electricity provider. So why should you choose Spark Energy?
- Great rate – Looking for better energy rates? Spark Energy consistently works to offer competitive electricity plans.
- Reliable service - Plenty of other energy retailers have come and gone, but Spark Energy is here to stay. In business for more than a decade, Spark Energy has outlasted natural disasters, economic pressures and the ups and downs of a highly competitive industry.
- Trustworthy electric supplier – We have worked diligently to earn a reputation as an ethical, trusted energy company.
- Exceptional customer service – To provide fast answers to your questions and concerns, we’ve invested substantial resources to develop a first-class US-based customer service division.
Spark Energy is a proven, trusted company that can bring you low electricity rates and outstanding service.
Can I Select My Own Electric Company in New Haven?
Some New Haven businesses and residents have expressed confusion about selecting a different electricity supplier. In reality, it’s pretty easy to understand.
is the utility. This means they provide the infrastructure, such as the power lines, that deliver electricity to your home or place of business. But you have the option of choosing a different company, like Spark Energy, to supply that electricity to the utility.
In New Haven and elsewhere in Connecticut, selecting a different energy provider is kind of like switching to a different long distance company. When you switch to Spark Energy, your utility will continue to deliver electricity to your home or place of business, and they will handle issues like outages. They will continue to bill you each month, and Spark Energy will appear as a line item on your monthly bill.
That’s it. A monthly bill from the same utility, just using a different energy supplier. And in the process, you can get low prices for electricity.
Electricity Plans in New Haven
New Haven residents looking to for substantial savings on their electricity can turn to the Spark Preferred plan. This plan guarantees a 12-month fixed electricity rate. There’s no early termination fee, so if it doesn’t work for you, cancel early at no additional cost. And there are no monthly fees.
Is your New Haven business looking to save money on electricity and natural gas? Spark Energy offers custom plans designed to fit each company’s unique requirements. Contact us today for your custom quote!
Is there any cost to enroll?
No. Spark Energy does not charge any enrollment fees.
Why am I able to switch to Spark Energy?
Connecticut deregulated its wholesale electricity market to encourage competition and choice for homeowners and small businesses. Retail electricity providers such as Spark Energy are encouraged to compete for customers. More than 500,000 consumers through Connecticut have chosen a new electric provider.
Do I also have to call my utility company?
No. We do everything for you; we make all the arrangements. You’ll get confirmation in the mail from your utility company that you’ve opted for Spark Energy.
Will I have to pay two separate bills?
No. When you select Spark Energy as your electricity provider you will receive one consolidated bill from your local utility. Spark Energy will appear as the electric generation supplier on your bill.
Who do I call if there is a problem with my service?
Your electricity will continue to be delivered by Eversource or UI. If you experience any type of outage or emergency, contact Eversource or UI.
Who is Spark Energy?
Spark Energy was founded in 1999 and has grown to become one of the most trusted retail energy suppliers in the United States. Based in Houston, Texas, we have been providing electricity and natural gas to homes just like yours for more than 15 years.
How do I sign up?
Complete your enrollment today online or chat with one of our knowledgeable sales agents at 877-547-7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.