print this page

When and How to Contact Con Ed for Electricity and Natural Gas Questions

Con Edison (Con Ed) delivers electricity and natural gas to millions of customers in New York. If you are in Con Ed’s service territory, you may want to know how to contact Con Ed if you have problems with your electricity or gas service when the snow hits. Here is some information on how to contact the utility to report emergencies and outages this winter or to ask questions regarding your Con Ed service or bill.

Gas Emergencies

If you smell gas or think there may be a gas leak, leave the premises immediately and take others with you. If the odor is faint, open windows before you leave. Once outside, continue moving away from the premises until you can no longer smell gas and make sure not to do anything that could create a spark that could cause an explosion, such as lighting a match, turning on a car or ringing a door bell.

Once you have followed these directions, call Con Ed at 800.75.CONED (800.752.-6633). National Grid customers should call .718.643.4050.

Electrical Emergencies

For electrical emergencies, such as fallen wires: 800.75.CONED (800.752.6633) or

Electric Service Problems

For electric service problems, such as outages:

Customer Service Questions

If you’re a Spark Energy customer and you have a question about your gas or electric rate plan or renewal options, call us at 877.547.7275. However, if you have other questions or concerns about your Con Ed bill: 800.75.CONED (800.752.6633). Have your account number available when you call.

Telecommunications for the Deaf

Hearing impaired customers may contact Con Ed directly through its TDD/TTY service: 800.642.2308.

11/29/2011 1:06:00 PM